Trichos hair restoration surgeons do their best to get you the promised fue hair transplant results. The only expectation from our patients is that they stick to stick to certain do’s and don’ts on their part.
Though Trichos hair transplant clinics observe the highest standards in post-operative care, the onus of following the guidelines is on the patients once they step out after the procedure.
But, there is a likelihood of hair implantation results failing to meet expectations if the transplanted site sustains damage or injury.
It is to be understood that hair follicles are grafted at very shallow depth on the scalp.
This is the reason post hair transplantation instructions must be diligently followed as even unnecessary scratching can disturb fue hair transplant results.
For natural-looking hair transplant results, the following post hair transplant guidelines must be adhered to by alopecia patients.
- DO NOT WORRY much about the pain as mild post-surgical pain is common once the effect of anaesthesia wears out.
- Take the recommended medicines as prescribed.
- Before taking the medicines, adequate milk and/or food must be taken. Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES, should one take medicines on an empty stomach.
- Watching TV and/or listening to soft music is recommended for relaxation.
- AVOID any kind of exertion or jerky movements to your head.
- Go early to bed and use a soft pillow. While sleeping, either lay on your back OR sleep sideward but DO NOT sleep with the hand under your head.
- If you feel pain at any point of time after initial medication, repeat the pain killer as advised by the doctor. TAKE MEDICINE WITH MILK.
- If locally available, get the bandage removed from the doctor as per prior appointment. You may speak to Trichos hair transplant surgeon for instructions to follow.
- Take body bath EXCLUDING your head.
- Take your medicines on time after breakfast.
Grafts Cleaning/ Removal of Bandage: Instructions
- Moisture is necessary for grafts. Follow detailed instructions from the doctor.
- Week 1 – DO NOT comb or rub the grafts. Rest of the area can be combed carefully.
- Week 2 – MILD rubbing of new grafts is permissible. You can start using minoxidil lotion twice daily or as recommended by the doctor. Grafts start to fall off during this time but there is nothing to worry as these will regrow in 3-4 months of time.
- Donor Area – This needs to be taken care of by cleaning it the same way it is done for the new graft area. Apply the ointment as recommended by your doctor. The stitches will gently get loosened in 7-10 days and fall apart.
- Exercise – Recommended walking/mild jogging for at least two weeks. NO exercise that involves stretching the neck should be done during this time.
There are a few cases where post-operative swelling may occur. This could be visible towards the forehead region but there is nothing to be alarmed. In such cases, you are advised to apply ice cubes by wrapping them up in a piece of cloth. These ice cubes should be applied for 2-3 minutes for at least 4-5 times a day. Our doctors and their team are available for follow up discussions if any.
DO REMEMBER to take the contact details of your doctor before you leave the clinic.